USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
6-29 March 2014
Victoria Art Center
Calea Victoriei 12C, Bucharest
Interactive Art Exhibition & Collateral Events
Opening: Thursday, 6th of March, 19.00h
For the first time in Romania – an exhibition of interactive art, presenting works which have been previously shown at the well-known Ars Electronica Festival in Linz, Austria. All projects have been developed within Interface Culture Lab, a master program at University of Art and Design in Linz.
The exhibition is organized by AVmotional Association, Bucharest and Interface Culture Lab, Linz. Kindly supported by Austrian Cultural Forum in Bucharest and University of Art and Design, Linz.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK contains 14 different projects by Austrian and Austria based artists. The field ranges from multimedia art, interactive audio-visual to food art performances.
Artists: Cesar Escudero Andaluz (ES), Davide Bevilacqua (IT), Alberto Boem (IT), Alessio Chierico (IT), Chiara Esposito (IT), Rosemary Lee (US), Jaak Kaevats (EE), Mihaela Kavdanska (BG), Veronika Krenn (AT) & Vesela Mihaylova (BG), Oliver Kellow (AU), Nina Mengin (AT), Ivan Petkov (BG), Marie Polakova (CZ) & Veselina Dashinova (BG/UK) & Jan Spurny (CZ), Masa Jazbec (SI), Ioan Cernei (RO),
Fabrizio Lamoncha (ES).
INTERFACE CULTURE LAB: Art, Technology & Science
Presentation of the Master course and informal meeting between Interface Culture Lab lecturers and local students interested in the field of Interactive Art.
Friday, 7th of March, 11:00 h
Victoria Art Center
Calea Victoriei 12 C, Bucharest
PRESENTATIONS & PERFORMANCES
National Museum for Contemporary Art
Friday, 7th of March, 18:00 h
2-4, Izvor St., Palace of the Parliament, Wing E4
Presentations focused on recent aspects in the fields of Art, Technology & Science.
- Tangible Music, presentation by Prof. Martin Kaltenbrunner, Interface Culture Lab, University of Art and Design, Linz.
- Re-Evaluating Interactive Art, presentation by Prof. Dr. Christa Sommerer, Head of Interface Culture Lab, internationally renowned media artist, researcher and pioneer of Interactive Art.
- Ars Electronica, presentation by Martin Honzik, Head of Ars Electronica Festival.
Multimedia interactive performances.
- 4th Skin, Mihaela Kavdanska (RO/BG) & Dolma Jover Agullo (ES)
- SculpTon, Alberto Boem (IT)
- Ursuppe, Alberto Boem (IT) & Davide Bevilacqua (IT)
- Data Slicer – Fruitfulness, Veronika Krenn (AT) & Vesela Mihaylova (BG)
Screening of Ars Electronica Animation Festival 2013 DVD
ORGANIZERS: AVmotional & Interface Culture Lab
PARTNERS: University of Art and Design Linz, Ars Electronica Center, Austrian Cultural Forum, Victoria Art Center, National Museum for Contemporary Art, KOTKI visuals, Instituto Cervantes, Czech Center, Modulab, Zeppelin, Rembrandt Hotel,
MEDIA PARTNERS: Digi 24, Digicult, RFI Romania, Ideas Lab, Inhale, Modernism, Art Clue, Metropotam, Veioza Arte